[3830] GaQP K5YAA Single OpMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 12 22:52:28 EDT 2015

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: OK

  160:      2        0
   80:      4        0
   40:    103       30
   20:    156       69
   15:     16        2
   10:      0        0
    6:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    281      101  CW-Dig Mults = 111  Ph Mults = 52  Total Score = 107,417

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Very good mobile coverage of the state. Number of QSOs with each mobile in
parentheses. N4G did some travelling for sure and the Judge with his partners
likewise. KN4Y(20), W3DYA(30), N4G(51), AD4ES(28), W4AN(43), NE4S(5), W4W(18),
N4FD(8), WX4TC(3) and N4I(7) - I believe that is all of them. My hats off to
each for the contacts as I know from experience how much difficulty it is to
motor around without getting lost while keeping the masses happy.

The bands could have been better but they did improve on Sunday with an opening
on 15 meters. At times DX on 15 and 20 were louder than Georgia. DL3DXX and
HA8IB surely increased their county standings with this one.

I enjoyed working home bound friends, especially that Papa Novembah fellow. He
was my only countable QSO on 15 SSB and we worked both modes on 15/20 and 40
meters. I ventured down to 160 and found a few Georgians. 80 meters is still an
SWR problem here but amazingly with 6:1 SWR and low power I was able to get a
few GA stations to hear me.

I had told a friend in Missouri that I would likely do a part time effort in
the party but once you get rolling it's hard to put one of these things down so
17 hours later of "part time" effort another Georgia QSO Party is in
the books.

Thanks to the organizers and workers who put this one on each year. I opted to
not drive down to Georgia and operate as a rover this year as I'm saving the
mobile van for a run to Montana late this month to do the 7QP with Matt K7BG
then I hope to make Dayton again this year.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, 6el on 20, 3el on 40, 6 el on 15 and a Vee at 75' on 160
plus a rotary dipole that needs a feed line or balun repair.