[3830] OnQP VE3CX M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 23 00:01:50 EDT 2015

                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3CX
Operator(s): VE3CX VE3TU
Station: VE3CX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   39      1     29
   20:   79    157     65
   15:   55     12     42
   10:   17             6
---------------------------
Total:  190    170    142  Total Score = 83,922

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

For this one, we traveled to Perch Lake Resort in Rainy River district, using a
pair of K3's, with an R7 and R5 vertical.  When we first hooked up the
antennas, and turned the radio on, Manu thought there was something wrong - his
S meter was not moving.  At home - he has S7-S9 power line noise.  At our site -
no noise.

As we were getting ready to go to 80 meters, the lights flickered for a few
minutes, then the power went out.  Came back five hours later, so no low band
QSO's.

Had fun, and managed to work all continents, and broke the old record for Rainy
river.  All in all, a good weekend to play radio!

Thanks for the Q's

Manu and Tom