[3830] FlQP K4JC SOABSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 27 22:41:36 EDT 2015

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K4JC
Operator(s): K4JC
Station: K4JC

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: IDR

   40:   0      17
   20:   0     209
   15:   0     135
   10:   0       4
--------------------
Total:   0     365  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 66  Total Score = 48,180

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This year I had the opportunity to operate from Indian River County at the GAP
Antenna factory in Fellsmere. I had planned to operate SOABSSB LP at least 7
hours on Saturday (after work) and all 10 hours Sunday. What I didn’t plan on
was high QRN, lousy band conditions and very sparse contacts! Looooong stretches
of calling CQ with no answer (at one point 35 minutes of CQing between
contacts!) Saturday ended with 193 contacts logged, but by noon Sunday I had
only added 35 more. I almost threw in the towel mid-afternoon Sunday when a
brief pileup on 15m made me decide to stick it out until the end. After the
dust settled I had logged 14 hours with only 365 contacts and 66 mults for a
score of 48,180.

I think I may stay home to play in the FQP next year.

73, Vince K4JC