[3830] FlQP K4N(@K1TO) M/MMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 28 01:29:29 EDT 2015

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K4N
Operator(s): K1TO K1XA
Station: K1TO

Class: M/MMixed HP
QTH: MTE

   40:   284     44
   20:   456   1206
   15:   440    569
   10:    52    655
--------------------
Total:  1232   2474  CW Mults = 1  Ph Mults = 1  Total Score = 3,706

Thanks to everyone who made the time to get on the air for the FQP this year!
Also, mega-thanks to all of the fine folks with whom I work to get this FQP
organized each year.

Thanks also to long-time friend Bob, K1XA who was in the right place at the
right time.

Set-up was simple, with one station always on SSB and the other always on CW.
The logs were not networked, we had no voice keyer, and my CW keyer had gone
intermittent, so all CW was sent by the PC.  I did the past two K4O operations
solo, so this was a treat to share the operating -- we swapped positions about
every hour.

Conditions were just terrific, with unprecedented openings on 10 to EU both
days, Asia at many different times on 15 & 20, and many hours of short skip
on 20.  The steadily low K-index is to thank for most of that, along with just
enough solar flux.

The collective goal of the K4- 1x1 stations providing suffixes of O-R-A-N-G-E
was to maximize the number of stations sweeping all 6.  Thus, the 1x1s have no
scoring incentive to find multipliers or to emphasize one mode over the other.

An e-mailed .PDF certificate will be sent to everyone completing the sweep.
The first wave of certificates will likely go out in May or June, with a few
more later in the year as log checking uncovers a few more.

Pse QSL via KK3Q for all of this year's 1x1s.

A shout out to our good friend Gary, VE1RGB who has been a long-time fervent
supporter of the FQP and is battling a health issue that prevented him from
participating this year.  Get well soon, Gary!

OJ/73, Dan, K1TO