[3830] 432SprngSprnt KA2KQM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 30 15:17:27 EDT 2015

                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: KA2KQM
Operator(s): KA2KQM
Station: KA2KQM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM74tm

Total:  QSOs = 8  Mults = 8  Tot Dist(km) = 2686  Total Score = 64

Club: Central States VHF Society

Comments:

The 432 MHz Spring Sprints were a little quiet from a Southeastern perspective.
Conditions seemed average to slightly below average. I was able to contact 8
stations in 8 separate grids in 5 separate states in my 1 hour 45 minutes of
operating time. I did not start until late due to attending church on Wednesday
nights. But, I had good fun none the less! W8SPM in FM08 at 393 miles, N4TWX in
EL89 at 336 miles and W4DEX in EM95 at 230 miles were my longest contacts.
Station here is a slight upgrade from last year. Now running 4 x 23 element
yagis (thank you Don, WA9KRT for the antennas!) at 70 feet. 3200 feet asl
ground level. 1 and 5/8ths heliax to tower. Yaesu FT-847 barefoot at 50 watts.
Need to work on Preamp for rx and PA for tx to improve my station. It was nice
to be able to use assistance and the loggers. I probably doubled my score
through the on line tools. 432.100 MHz calling frequency was dead here in GA
for entire period I was on. I did not net a single QSO from calling CQ
intermittantly there or on other adjacent frequencies.

Thank you Bruce, WA7BNM for supprting the Central States VHF Society Spring
Sprints on this fine web site. It definitely adds to the fun to be able to see
scores and read comments from around the country!

Thanks to all of you who took time to get on the air for the Sprints! I hope to
be able to hear/work some of you in the upcoming Microwave and 50 MHz Sprints.
Please mark you calendars for those events! 73 and Thank you! Kent , KA2KQM
EM74