[3830] WAE CW W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 10 10:11:43 EDT 2015

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   19     0    39
   20:  213   236    84
   15:   95    90    64
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  327   326   187  Total Score = 122,111

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

There were several really slow hours - 5 QSOs in 5 hours on Saturday morning
until 15 meters finally opened.  EU Stations could be heard during some of
those hours that probably were workable with high power but just kept CQing
when I called with low power.  Conditions were much better on Sunday.

I had a social event scheduled for Saturday evening so I missed 5 hours that
had been the most productive on the first day of the contest including any 40
and 80 meter openings.

My apologies to CR6K who asked for QTCs when I called on 15 meters.  The K3
turned off 5 or 6 times while I sent the 10 QTCs and I kept having to turn it
back on, get the K3 back to his frequency, and continue with the series.

K6TJ arrived at the shack and mentioned that he'd recently fixed an internal
short in the power supply.  After verifying that the PS voltage was dropping
when transmitting we swapped with another power supply and the K3 stopped
shutting itself off.

Thanks for all the QSOs, especially to those who listened to multiple
(sometimes 10 or more) repeats of my callsign or number to complete a QSO.

73,
-Mike, N7MH