[3830] WAE CW W8OHT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 14 14:41:36 EDT 2015

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W8OHT
Operator(s): W8OHT
Station: W8OHT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV, USA

   80:
   40:  11     0     33
   20:  69    87     60
   15:  18    10     24
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  97    98    117  Total Score = 22,815

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Finished work today on a homebrewed antenna heading controller. It includes a
WWII propeller pitch motor from B-25 Bomber, the core of a 15 amp. Variac, two
15 amp relays, and one zener diode.  It rotates my tribander on top of a 55 ft
freestanding tower.  Works fine, but made this submission of WAECW a bit late,
but not too late, I hope.  My homebrewed transmitter uses a Pole
Transformer,homebrewed all-band in/out coils, and 4-1000A driven by a Elecraft
K-3.  Always enjoy the QTC's in this contest, but overall conditions were lousy
I thought.  73's all.  John W8OHT, Ham since 1953 as WN8OHT, if anybody cares.
Lol.