[3830] NAQP SSB N5TIT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 15 22:23:26 EDT 2015

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N5TIT
Operator(s): N5TIT
Station: N5TIT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  19      9
   20:  36     22
   15:   4      2
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  59     33  Total Score = 1,947

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFWCG Edsel

Comments:

This running of NAQP SSB was a beat down from the start for me.  The bands were
totally hosed from the geomagnetic storm.  15 Meters was nonexistent with only
4 QSO's made in 4 hours.  20 Meters was not too much better.  All of the
signals were very weak here at my QTH and stations seem to roll in and roll
back out.  I was only able to S&P as running yielded me nothing but 2
QSO's.  20 Meters was so bad that by 22Z the band was emptying for 40 Meters.
About 23z I moved to 40 Meters and what a zoo.  Signals were a little better
after 00Z however most stations could not hear me and the ones that did had to
have several fills so the beat down continued.  By 02Z I had had enough, with
59 QSO's to my name this is the lowest score for the 7 hours invested since I
started contesting in 1997.