[3830] NAQP SSB WB4OMM Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 16 01:40:02 EDT 2015

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WB4OMM
Operator(s): WB4OMM
Station: WB4OMM

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 9:50

Total:  201    86  Total Score = 17,286

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Yaesu FT-2000, Heil ProSetPlus, AT-1000Pro, HP Compaq dc7800 MiniTower dual
core; A3S Beam with 10M/15M/20M/30M at 38', Yaesu G-450A Rotator; 280' 40M/80M
loop at 35'. N1MM contest software, LOGic Logging Software.
Wow!  I have a headache!  Never heard a signal on 10/15M, and 20M was noisy and
closed early.  40M and 80M were also noisy with S5-S8 noise and static crashes
throughout the night - many signals had QSB also.  Not the best of propagation
conditions today.  BUT...I am happy with my results and received many
compliments on my 5W signal.  Set out to break 200Qs and just barely made it.
The wire loop did very well for me today.  Even my hero K4BAI said it was a
great signal for 5W.....or even a 100W!!!  Thanks John!
I hope everyone did well.  As always, a few aspirin and I'll be ready for the
Run for the Bacon later tonight!!
To everyone who worked and was patient with my many calls/tries to get the QSO
done, THANK YOU!!  I appreciated the effort you expended on my behalf!
72/72 to all!  Steve WB4OMM