[3830] NAQP SSB W0ETT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 16 11:00:37 EDT 2015

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: co

   15:   10     5
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  315   103  Total Score = 32,445

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Blackhawk

Comments:

Very poor band condx thanks to solar flare.  Managed a few QSOs on 10/15 - one
of the K5's asked me to try 10m and we made the Q with S7 signals;  nothing
else heard.  20m was the place to be and heard team member K0EU making hay with
pileups calling him;  I'm sure Randy did very well on the bands and my thanks to
him for several band mults.  Also worked team member Chris N4VI on one band.
Nice to get some Q's and mults on 80m and 160m despite the loud QRN and static
crashes.

73 Ken, W0ETT

Note:  The day after the SSB NAQP, we heard that our friend Alan KO7X became a
SK.  He always supported the NAQP tests even though phone was not his preferred
mode.  Needless to say, Grand Mesa contesters are very sad at his passing.