[3830] NAQP SSB W9QL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 17 08:58:17 EDT 2015

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:    1     1
   15:    9     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  345    96  Total Score = 33,120

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team Summer Shandy

Comments:

Wow, the best laid plans...... I was hoping to make this a full-time effort even
though we were leaving for the final round of the PGA early Sunday. Turned the
radio on and thought my antenna had fallen down. Gave up on 15 and really
struggled on 20 S&P. Tried holding a frequency for awhile and gave the
voice keyer a real workout, responses were few and far between. Then the
lightning detector went off. Storms caused several unplanned breaks. Finally
had some success on 40 but it was still a challenge. 80 was noisy but at this
point, any Q was welcomed. Worked lot's of SMC'ers facing similar conditions.
Thanks to my neighbor, Jim KE0L, for giving me my only 10 and 160 multipliers.
Also, thanks to my wife, K9SNL, for driving up to the PGA on Sunday morning and
letting me recover.

Dave
W9QL

FT5000-DX with a G%RV at 35 feet