[3830] OhQP AB1J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 23 11:35:32 EDT 2015

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:42

   80:
   40:   47     17
   20:   35      5
--------------------
Total:   84     22  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 16  Total Score = 10,450

This was intended to be a really minimal effort, but it grew into a moderate
one.  It was a powerfully slow Saturday, warm with high humidity, which is a
killer for me.  My shack isn't ACed, but I have fans on both me and my
equipment, so the operating chair is a nice breezy environment.

Although I spent most on my youth in Indiana, I was born in Wooster, Wayne
County, Ohio, and lived in Orrville (home of Smuckers jams and jellies and the
home town of Bobby Knight), so it was fun to hear all those county names I
recall from my distant childhood days.  I missed the one I wanted most, Holmes,
where my Amish ancestors hailed from.

Here's an interesting little factino about my birth.  I was born on July 15,
1942 in the Beeson Hospital in Wooster. OH.  My mother and I were released on
July 25.  The total bill was $67.32, paid in full on July 23.  I'm not making
this up.  My father kept the bill and gave me a copy.  In later years, we were
both amused.

40m and 20m were my destiny in this QP.  I don't have an 80m antenna and really
missed it.  15m was on life support.  They say there's a 10m but I have no
direct proof.  They say the world is round, too, but I don't know ...

Thanks, all you Buckeyes, for a good time.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000
N1MM+ on WinH8
Attic dipoles and outdoor 40m stealth antenna