[3830] OhQP AE8M Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 23 12:59:38 EDT 2015

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 9 COUNTIES

   80:   73     11
   40:  186     51
   20:  172     11
--------------------
Total:  431     73  CW Mults = 72  Ph Mults = 38  Total Score = 103,070

This was the first time I exceeded 500 Q’s (although barely) as a mobile in a
state QSO Party.   I appreciate every QSO; finishing at 499 Q’s would have
been very disappointing.  The most frequently worked stations were K5YAA (12),
K9OM (11), N4PN (9), K0RI (8), N2MM (8), KO1U (7), WX4G (6), WA8ZBT (6), and
many others less than 6.
The bands seemed noisy throughout the entire contest, but the propagation was
sufficient to allow a fun contest and activity seemed excellent.  I worked very
few OH stations during daylight, but activity from the west on 20M was great.
One highlight was working NU0Q/M in WY and then in UT.  Another highlight was
working TI8/AA8HH 5 times.  During the afternoon it was impossible to get
anything going on 40M SSB, but I finished with a run of 40 Q’s on 40M SSB
just before midnight.  Attempting to pickup OH multipliers on 75 SSB was
frustrating.  Finding a hole to call CQ was impossible (some rag chewers became
upset with me), and my mobile signal was insufficient to bust pileups.
The rig was a KX3/KXPA100 at 100W into hamsticks on 20M and 40M, and Hustlers
on 80/75.  I park to operate and the total operating time was 8 hours, 6
minutes.  The average rate was 62 Q’s/hour.