[3830] NA Sprint SSB N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 30 00:12:33 EDT 2015

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - August

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

   80:  27        1
   40:  41        2
   20:  11        1
---------------------
Total:  79     Mults = 37  Total Score = 2,923

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCC QRP Team

Comments:

Wow! Started off with loud signals on 20, but I was being beaten by the big
guns.  Went to 40 early, worked quite a few, then went back to 20 and got some
multipliers.  40 was the "mother lode" but often others would beat me
otu of the jump ball.  When folks moved to 80, had a better chance because I
could hear locals as well as the longer distance folks.  Heard California on
20, 40, and 80, ut never beat the "jump ball."

Did better than I figured, with the CME hitting and propagation predicted to be
marginal.  Guess my supplications to the sun gods were heard! :)

Thanks to the organizing team.