[3830] NA Sprint SSB N9ADG LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 30 00:30:01 EDT 2015

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - August

Call: N9ADG
Operator(s): N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CN87

---------------------
Total:  49     Mults = 23  Total Score = 1,127

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

My original planned rural location (with a G5RV) had an S9 (powerline) noise, so
scrambled to get everything together to do this from the garage at home (50x200
lot), where my noise level turned out to be a totally acceptable and surprising
s1-s3 on a hastily set up BigIR vertical with two radials about 3 feet off the
ground. My efficiency must have been terrible, as I was only able to chain
together 6 Qs (hats off to AC0W who heard my CQ first!) the whole contest. I
could work the Southeastern US more easily than West Seattle (cough, k7ss,
cough); sigs couldn't make it over to Gig Harbor. A overall humbling
experience, I was very excited to work KH6 in the last 1/2 hour. First time use
of the new IC-7410 which I won in the recent Pacific Northwest DX Convention
raffle -- thank you WWDXC & ICOM, it was a totally pleasant experience!
Heard but didn't work VY2, "Rum" in VI who was LOUD, VE3, VE2, VT,
NY, KL, OR, WI, IN, AR, LA, MS, DC, KS, NE, TN... Thanks for the fun!