[3830] NA Sprint SSB WA5FWC HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 30 11:34:56 EDT 2015

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - August

Call: WA5FWC
Operator(s): WA5FWC
Station: WA5FWC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Venus, TX

   80:   50     1hr
   40:   59     2hr
   20:   50     1hr
---------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Fun contest, great way to spend a Dog Day in August. 4 hours of fun and
contesting HF. I had a great time a Thunderstorm right on top of my QTH for
most of the time. all bands seemed to have plenty of activity. QRN was a big
henderance. Signals were great between the Crashes of noise. 80 meters was like
an intercom after the QRN, great signals from alllover NA. forty was worse than
normal as there was more going on than 20 meters. Qrm and Qrn made it a very
hard gomost of the time. 20 meters died at about 0230 when the Qrate dropped to
a snailpace. I did work Alaska and Hawaii during this time. one of the bright
points was workin NP2 on 80 meters.the switching freddquency was a hoot as I
was not sure if the freq was mine or the other guy most of the time. I cant
wait until next time. I will try it again!