[3830] CQWW CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 06:13:49 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN49FO

  160:  142     9       44
   80:  527    14       61
   40:  706    25       79
   20:  816    29       82
   15:  661    27       87
   10:  167    24       65

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

2x IC756Pro3(INRAD)
BX-120 Interfaces, TopTen decoders, WX0B bandpass filters, Idiom Press CMOS4's
& homebrew 2R-switching

WT v4.16.0 on 2x Mac mini MD387D/A running Windows 7

(160) 27m shunt-fed tower, Mag-Loop (RX)
 (80) Delta Loop
 (40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded)
 (20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
 (15) 5el Yagi @25m
 (10) 6el Yagi @24m (sharing tower with 40m)

I was exhausted from a long week and could not rest on Friday evening. At
00:00Z I flopped down on the sofa and closed my eyes for 10 minutes. This got
me over the first 24 hours. Then I set the alarm for 3 hours but my brain
somehow decided that 6 hours would be more adequate for a weekend night and
that's when I woke up. I felt so much nicer the second day and an extra 3 hours
of ineffective operating would not have made a big difference, I think.

During the first hours I did dual CQing on 40/80m but switched to conventional
SO2R soon. As I felt short on multipliers all the time I even abandoned the 2nd
radio at one point and S&P'ed with 2 VFOs. It was hard to find the DX on
packed bands!

CONDX were really interesting and I was suprised to be called by W/VE on 160m
during the last 10 minutes.

While on 20m a weak station began to CQ right above me. At first I tried to
move him away but then I identified him as S9TM. While the beam came around
slowly the pileup had already set in - bad luck! A bit later I had a déjà vu
with a Caribbean station, but this time I snagged him just before the skimmers
could!

I'm looking forward to a time when a Single Op will not have to go 48 hours any
more. Congrats to everybody who did it!

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO at contesting.com