[3830] CQWW CW VU2MUD SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 10:57:49 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2MUD
Operator(s): VU2MUD
Station: VU2MUD

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: MK83SA
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    7     5        5
   20:   46    12       26
   15:  209    16       53
   10:    4     2        2

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

My usual contest weekend story of MQTH & Home QTH QRL that ware scheduled to
keep me out of the qth for most parts of the contest was a real dampner on my
Contesting intentions.  I decided to follow the cluster and work as many unique
multipliers as possible and pass around some QSO points during the weekend.
Intention was to send in a CHECK-LOG.  So worked a leisurly 37 Q's - 7 upto
0200 UTC and 30 between 1445-1600Z on the first day - 13 Zones/26 DXCC.  I
finally made it back to the shack at 1100Z on day 2 and was back to S&P
picking up some q's.  Realised that the band was HOT on 15m so found a spot and
started my CQ at 1125.  WHOA!!! the next 130 minutes was RUN RUN RUN! - 189 Q's
at an average of 87/hr.  At times it was something like 120/hr. At my speed of
24wpm throughout.  Very soon my mini - revised - target of 200 q's on 15m was
achieved and my next target was to get to 250.  Finally managed to stop - was
too tired by 1740Z on day 2 due to all the driving over the weekend which took
its toll.
Observations during the contest:
1. QRO stations allowed me to pick the weak calls without much QRM and doubling
when calling partial calls
2. They always came back later - especially when I started calling CQ again
3. There was a very short opening towards NA at around 1230 - 1245Z on day 2
4. SA was open for a very very short period just before NA came through
5. UA seemed to be running lesser power than normal - not much of splatter -
limited to under 1.5kHz - Or was it Propogation.
6.  Missed the FE & SEA opening - except for a few YB/HS

Ended the Contest for 2015 with the feeling that I need to plan holidays during
major contest weekends to ensure that I get across the 1k Q's and become a
CONTEST MILLIONAIRE !!

HOPING for 2016