[3830] CQWW CW C4W(5B4WN) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 17:34:31 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4ES

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Cyprus

  160:  206     9       50
   80:  355    18       67
   40: 1705    33      114
   20:  886    36      113
   15:  944    35      122
   10:  707    27       96

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

Very grateful to 5B4ES (my old high school I graduated 24 years ago) for hosting
me! Kept it simple with SO1R but wanted to try Assisted for once! Due to
internet firewall issues I had to write a web 2 telnet conduit which seemed to
work OK before the contest but  the skimmer feed wiped most of my spots of Day
1. So I really only worked mults using the cluster on Day 2 when I killed the
skimmer feed!

Overall it was a great experience especially on day 1 with a PB for 206 hour,
3000Q's at 24 hr mark. I pushed myself to stay in the chair for 46.2 hours but
frankly the last few hours were a nightmare with hallucinations (Hypnagogic)
and lots of repeats! I just wished the Classic category would be 36 hours and
allow assistance.

Congratulations to some amazing super-human scores! Thanks to those who called
me. Next contest for me would likely be in March.