[3830] CQWW CW KU2M SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 3 12:27:50 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ

   15: 1777    37      125
Total: 1777    37      125  Total Score = 826,200

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Friday night the band was dead to JA until I heard JA3YBK coming in long path,
and only audible on a low antenna - a first for me in a CQWW 15M effort. He was
the only JA worked or heard Friday nite here in the KU2M Triangle. Saturday
night condx to Asia were much better, but nowhere near as good as they were
during the Phone contest, which surpassed expectation in both strength and
depth of the openings - but things are usually better in the phone contest, so
that's no surprise. This year conditions to Europe seemed to die even earlier
than usual, even for the CW test, on both Saturday and Dupeday (some people
call it Sunday) as daylight ended in Europe. This is probably an unfortunate
forecast of things to come as the sunspots continue to decline. There was some
strange "ducting" or whatever to northern Europe, however, with
strong openings to SM, LA, OH, and ES well after their darkness - and nowhere
else in Europe. Also, I was pleased to learn of the number of mults that were
apparently floating around - the guys using spotting networks racked up some
amazing country totals compared to those of us who were unassisted and
stumbling around in the dark.