[3830] ARRL 160 N4DJ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 08:19:46 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 410  Sections = 58  Countries = 7  Total Score = 54,665

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had fun in this one. When my back hurt too much I took a break! Tried to keep
the rates as high as I could for the limited time I was on. Tried to beat my
last years best rate of 85 but fell short with a best hour of 83 this time.
Sunday morning was really slow. My short Northeast BOG made the difference on
many stations due to the S/N ratio. I even worked the west coast on it when I
could not hear on the inverted L. The last two years proved to me that even a
short BOG is well worth the effort. I am making plans for building a new QTH
where I can have my longer Beverages (BOGs) again.
Rig is Elecraft K3 driving Drake L7 at 500 watts.
Thanks for the Qs.
73,
Don
N4DJ