[3830] ARRL 160 K7XC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 10:29:30 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: DM09jh, N NV

Total:  QSOs = 573  Sections = 78  Countries = 9  Total Score = 110,142

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I barely finished working out the antenna feed impedance issues worked out
before the contest started. It is a Inverted L that's 40 feet high and 165 feet
long overall.  Missed the first few daylight hours running to the store for food
and fuel for the pellet stove. Sat down right at Dusk. The band took about an
hour to open fully  but when it did... WOW! The pile up was huge and the rate
likewise. Haven't had that strong a pileup since operating 6M from DM19 (A RARE
NV Grid) during the 1995 July CQ VHF Contest.  Sat in the chair ALL NIGHT LONG!
My brain wasn't working on all cylinders by the time i stopped with over 470
Q's and 81 Mults. It was an amazing night! Slept most of Saturday only waking
just before sunset with a stiff neck and huge headache. I tried several times
to operate and just couldn't do it so I watched a movie or two, had a couple
meals and went back to bed. Got up around 10 PM and was able to operate a few
hours then another nap till 3:45AM when I felt better and continued until
sunrise Sunday. Boy Am I Beat... But... I made my goal of 110K Points!A first
for me in this contest, and the antenna has but only 4 radials under it! Need
to add many more to improve the efficency but WOW does it play as is... Now if
the power company would fix the CORRECT power pole and get rid of my noise,
life would be grand on 160 Meters.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year From Northern Nevada de Tim - K7XC and my support
staff and lady of the house, Rosie! Without her support the score would be
significantly less. Love ya baby!