[3830] ARRL 160 K0PK SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 11:52:39 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: N.E. MN
Operating Time (hrs): ~14

Total:  QSOs = 450  Sections = 74  Countries = 8  Total Score = 76,260

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Elevated SFI made this one a bit of a slog. Lots of weak signals, one-way ducted
propagation and deep QSB. The first night was better than the second with a
couple of EU mults. in the log. Saturday night was so bad I took a nap until
the band improved a bit by 0500Z. No EU DX heard Saturday/Sunday. Sometimes it
felt like I was transmitting into a dummy load. Lots of CQ-in-the-face. Had to
walk away from several normally easy mults.

Friday night was interrupted by having to solve a TVI problem on the XYL's new
TV. Common-mode chokes on the cables came to the rescue of domestic peace &
tranquility! I wasn't able to do this one from my quiet cabin QTH, so had to put
up with the elevated RX noise floor at home (RF & otherwise :-).

DX worked: KH6, GW, OK, C6, KP2, TI, VP5, VP9, XE, PJ2, ZF
Missed WAS with no KL7 or NEBRASKA! Where was Nebraska?!?!

Looking forward to Stew Perry and CQWW 160.

Thanks for the mults & Qs!    73, Paul - K0PK