[3830] CQWW CW VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 18:14:33 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: BC

   15: 1459    35      103
Total: 1459    35      103  Total Score = 498,042

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Very poor 15M conditions from the Vancouver BC area to Europe resulted in a
terrible multiplier in this one.  Even with packet spotting help, I worked only
88 total EUs the entire weekend, almost all S&P, and I missed many common
European mults (such as GM, SP, LZ, and HA).  Only logged one DL.  Oh well.

   The highlight of the weekend for me actually had nothing to do with the
contest itself.  On late Saturday afternoon, Allan,VE7SZ, my host for the
contest weekend, arrived home after participating as one of the members of the
VK9WA Willis Island DXpedition. After the band closed for me, I got a
first-hand accounting from Allan of the details of the expedition, and I also
got a chance to look at all of the pictures that were taken by the various
members of the operating team.  There are some great shots, including some
aerial photos of the island that were taken by a drone that they had with them.
Be sure to see their presentation at an upcoming Convention - it promises to be
a very good one.

     Thanks, as always, to all for the QSOs.

73,
Gary