[3830] ARRL 160 K0TT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 19:57:14 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

Total:  QSOs = 940  Sections = 80  Countries = 9  Total Score = 170,791

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Amp decided to quit working when I powered on for the contest so ran low power.
Probably wouldn't have made much difference in score. I could hold a run
frequency 99% of the time and still had many calling that were barely
copy-able. Might have gotten a few more DX multipliers but with no directional
Rx antenna it's usually hard to hear EU thru the NA QRM.

Good conditions to EU Friday evening. Didn't spend much time looking for EU
Friday  since I was not doing much S&P. Was planning on looking for EU
Saturday evening but propagation not as good. Only heard one 'G' but he was
buried under stateside QRM.\

Lots of dupes towards the end. Not sure if people not using contest logging
software or copying my call incorrectly. 19 out of the 940 QSO's were dupes.

TX/RX Antenna: 1/8 wavelength vertical, top loaded, 32 radials on ground.
Transceiver: IC-765