[3830] ARRL 160 KV0Q Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 20:02:11 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KV0Q
Operator(s): KV0Q
Station: KV0Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 832  Sections = 81  Countries = 12  Total Score = 158,658

The conditions were up and down for me this year in the contest.  The band
seemed slower to open Saturday night but at around 0400Z the band really opened
to the East coast plus some fairly loud European stations.  I heard with S9
signals Ea7dx, On7pq, F5in, Ra0ff, V63dx, CX/W1ue, Hl5ivl and a number of loud
Japanese stations but had no luck in working them even though a couple times I
think they may of heard part of my call.  I did however put 11 DX multipliers
in the log this year mostly zones 6,7,8,31 stations plus two very loud European
stations Gw3ydx and Ei2cn at their sun rise peak with a lot of patience and
catching the wave in propagation just at the right time.

I was very pleased with how my re-worked full sized 4 square performed after
replacing the phasing lines, cleaning up the radial connections, replacing the
feed line with hard line and purchasing a DX Engineering phasing box and
controller this summer.  My original 4 square system has been up over 23 years
and it needed a little work.

Thank you for your patience in pulling my signal out of the noise and providing
me with a QSO.  I really enjoy the QRP challenge to see what you can work with a
little patience.

Best 73s,

Bill KV0Q.