[3830] ARRL 160 N8II Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 21:10:10 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV

Total:  QSOs = 688  Sections = 65  Countries = 13  Total Score = 110,370

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was feeling tired all day and then there was a nearly mandatory trip for our
Xmas tree while daughter could help with truck, much easier! The shopping only
took about 75 minutes, but was enough to not push this one, too many contests
close together. Several pretty loud EU stations called in the first hour, then
the DX went pretty punk. I quit quite early both nights. Besides the initial
2-3 hours, I ran a very good rate from 0030-0200Z day 2 which surprised me a
bit including 3 VE7's and 3 WWA's along with other western mults, but signals
from the far west were down compared to a good year. I missed VE4-5, WTX, UT,
WY, NV and several CA sections. The runs were pretty orderly, just a few who
insisted on dumping in their calls out of turn. I kept the average rate over
100.

Activity was good, but operating this one for long hours is just not my cup of
tea. Of note were many calls from WMA, ME, RI, VT, and WPA along with the
multitudes from 2,3,4,8 and 9 land. ND was very easy, plenty of NE too. Thanks
for the QSO's and see you next weekend in the 10M contest.

73, Jeff