[3830] ARRL 160 N4KG SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 22:28:51 EST 2015

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ALA

Total:  QSOs = 281  Sections = 60  Countries = 7  Total Score = 39,262

My operating was limited to 5 hours Saturday night between 0200Z and 0800Z with
another hour before my sunrise, picking up KY from a few CQs.

Since my 160M amplifier is currently 'disabled' I just did Point-and-Click
operation in the N1MM Bandmap using an Inverded-L in the woods, positioned 150
ft. (0.3 WL) ESE from a 130 ft tower with a 3L15 on top that acts as a
parasitic reflector (3 dB beamwidth 180 degrees aimed ESE with a 10 dB
reduction between JA and ZL (and W6 !)

I was able to work all of southern Canada from VE1-VE7 plus MT ID EWA OR AZ but
NO-one in California could hear my calls.  I have installed and matched 2
Elevated radials on a 95 ft tower w/2L40 on top aimed at ZL (240 degrees) but
need to run a 330 ft feedline out to the tower.  Hopefully before the CQ 160 in
January.

Missed NLI KP4 WCF NM WTX ALL-W6 KH6 KL7 UT WWA VE8 VO

DX worked: C6 GW (KP2) PJ2 TI VP5 VP9 XE

Tom N4KG in North Alabama