[3830] PhFray AC0W LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 9 10:12:38 EST 2015

                    Phone Fray - Dec 9

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   5      5
   80:  11      9
   40:   7      5
Total:  22     19  Total Score = 418

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I'm beginning to think Tuesday nights are not made for decent propagation. Last
week Tuesday night was bad, Wednesday conditions were significantly improved
for the mini-CWT test. Will see if the same holds true tonight. I also may have
something local, 20 over noise on 160 and 10-15 over on the other bands last
night. So if you called you understand my struggle to hear you.

A few new ones in the log, thanks for coming out.

Most interesting was working C6AJB. I'm calling CQ with a station in the noise
I'm trying to pull out. Suddenly C6AJB dumps his call with strong signal. Call
he talks about how he was surprised to find the contest and then he rambles on.
After a couple of exchanges he say "suppose better let you go do the
contest, so I can call CQ here?" What do you say? As Riley say, you have
that big knob, so I said fine and moved. He killed what I had going there
anyway.

Hopefully things will improve next week as I'm getting tired of the terrible
atmospherics (thinking of the Pearl Harbor movie).

Oh thanks Bob, KW8N for moving me back to 40.

Bill
AC0W