[3830] ARRL 10 OF9X(OH6KZP) SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 12 11:39:38 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: OF9X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH2BH

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Pusula

   CW:  192    60
  SSB:   37    28
-------------------
Total:  229    88  Total Score = 74,096

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was a leisurely one-day operation, contributing to our annual Christmas /
Santa Claus activity. I am almost tempted to say I was still operating SO2R,
because I was replying to direct/buro QSL cards for OH0X while the auto-CQ was
churning on. Dual-CQ consisted of running a QSO on the radio and operating BV7
and the printer with proper syncing :)

The band opened surprisingly early before sunrise, and there were some fine DX
QSOs along the way. Conditions to North America never properly picked up before
sunset and before it was too late, and even with the 3 x 6el stack I wasn't able
to raise the attention of the W1-W5 stations that I could hear. The best NA
direction seemed to be somewhere around 240-260 degrees, instead of the
"direct" 300-320 degrees. The K index was up to 4, and the A index
for the day is around 20, so poor NA conditions were to be expected in any
case.

Thanks to all for the QSOs, and to Martti OH2BH for loaning his fine station!

Kim OH6KZP