[3830] ARRL 10 EI2CN SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 14:04:12 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Ireland

   CW:  423   111
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  423   111  Total Score = 187,368

Friends,
    It was a wet weekend and this was a great diversion.    The effort was a
casual one with only seven hours operating and the last hour largely wasted as
the band was closing or closed.

     Conditions were not good but the sun is going to sleep for a while.   No
VK, ZL JA, BY or 9M but YB and HS were worked a few times.
Surprises occurred such as working French Polynesia and South Sandwich in the
late afternoon.   One Californium station made it into my log.

      The DXCC count is way down from 140 in some past contests spent on ten.
Only 72 DXCC and 39 VE,XE and W provinces or states.   Slim pickings but it was
fun the time spent was minimal.   All meals were consumed; the dog was walked
and life was normal.   It was fun and there was plenty of activity on ten.
This is one of the reasons for this contest to encourage ten meter operations
and boy the ARRL does this.   Everyone is on a pretty much equal footing so
worldwide participation is guaranteed.   I think the ARRL 160M contests would
benefit from a similar approach.

      A good time was enjoyed and I would like to thank all who answered me.

                 73 Doug EI2CN

K3 and P3
Acom 2000A amplifier  EI has a 1500W contest power limit but 400W for normal
work.

MicroKeyer II
WinTest

SteppIR 4 elements at 24 meters or 80 feet