[3830] ARRL 10 N8XX SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 15:12:40 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

   CW:  83     25
  SSB:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  83     25  Total Score = 8,300

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This might as well have been a California QSO Party.  28 of the 83 Q's were with
California stations.  Others were much harder to work.  So, thanks CA ops for
the Q's, they WERE appreciated.

I worked one SSB station, and heard very few others, so I decided to claim only
the CW Q's.

Gave up after about 4 hours, in 1 hour spurts, because same stations seemed to
be on, mainly from California.  The few DX stations I managed to work were
generally LOUD, and they must have been begging for Q's, because many of those
who were equally LOUD were being inundated with a stack of callers, and my
pipsquawk signal was being massively drowned!

I tried "running" a few times, only once did I get more than 1 Q in a
"run" - and that was a 2 Q "run" late on Sunday afternoon.
After the fact I checked the RBN and found that only twice was I heard by the
skimmers on the RBN, so I probably chose a frequency which was occupied by
signals I couldn't hear.

However, looking back on previous efforts, this was about what I've done in
past years, so I guess it's to be expected.