[3830] ARRL 10 NG7Z SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 17:11:59 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Marana AZ

   CW:  146    41
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  146    41  Total Score = 23,944

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Started right on time Friday but to a largely empty band. Worked Outlaws WA7NB
and KE2VB and Hawaii but that's all I heard. Saturday morning the band didn't
really get going until after 8am. At least that's when I started hearing other
stations. Worked on and off all day while doing some chores around the house. I
didn't miss much as the same stations were heard each time. Once in a while I'd
be able to work outside the US to South America but it was rare. Sunday after
church around 11am or so got back on hoping the props would be better. No such
luck. With this pop gun station it's difficult to know how good the band is. I
lost count of the times I'd find what appeared to be an unoccupied frequency to
start a run only to find out that I was CQing on top of another station. Between
QSK breaks I'd hear some station calling not knowing if it was me he was
calling. So I'd pause and wait only to hear a 599 MA or something similar. Very
frustrating. As you'd expect, almost my Q's were S&P. Gave up around 2:30
local Sunday afternoon because no one new was on the band. The one bright spot
was working VK2IA Sunday afternoon. All told not a lot of fun this weekend. Ham
radio sucks when you have limited space for decent antennas. Thinking of
throwing in the towel and taking a course in advanced napping.