[3830] ARRL 10 K4BAI SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 20:11:49 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:35

   CW:  643   103
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  643   103  Total Score = 264,916

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX.  Had some minor problems with RF feedback when
using computer keying when the beam was pointed in some directions.  I apologize
to anyone who was subjected to a long tone instead of the intended dots and
dashes.  Also had the center fed zepp tuned to 10 meters, but it picked up so
much more power line noise that I didn't use it at all. The noise was moderate
when the beam was pointed NW (which, by necessity, it was a lot of the time and
negligible when the beam was pointed elsewhere.  Had a lot of other activities
this weekend, including both mid day meals with the family, a mixed doubles
team tennis match, a trip to the downtown post office, and a dinner with
friends and attending a regional theatre performance on Saturday night.  Oh
yes, also a bar association Christmas party Friday night.  It's a wonder I got
on the air at all.  Band conditions were fair, with good signals from the
Pacific and South America, fair signals from Europe (not Northern,
unfortunately), good signals from Africa and the Indian Ocean (5R8SV).   No
signals heard from AK or Northern Canada.  Missed several other states, SD, AR,
WV plus VE4, VE5.  Not a lot of activity from the Caribbean.  Thanks for all
QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.