[3830] ARRL 10 WQ5L SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 20:33:10 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  464    95
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  464    95  Total Score = 176,320

Just enough sunspots left to make it mildly interesting.

The first two hours featured weak E-skip in multiple directions. In retrospect,
I should have tried harder there because that was all she wrote for E-skip. Some
of the mults worked then were not worked again.

Europe opened both days around 1400Z until perhaps 1600Z, but signals were
mostly poor (better on Sat than Sun) and limited to western/southern Europe. I
worked no Asia; did hear TC90IARU CQing with a decent signal but could not
raise them. Openings to the southern hemisphere and Caribbean basin were in
abundance as one might expect.

Stateside, it was very obvious where the boundary of the daytime F-skip set up.
I worked several northern New England but no CT or RI; many loud VE3s but missed
Michigan; many ID and MT but not a peep from SD or WY. I worked all Canadian
mults except LB YT NT NU. Only a couple of Mexican states though as that's
mostly E-skip range from here.  73 de WQ5L