[3830] ARRL 10 W8PEN SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 21:53:56 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W8PEN
Operator(s): W8PEN
Station: W8PEN

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Ohio

   CW:  108    21
  SSB:   40    11
-------------------
Total:  148    32  Total Score = 16,384

Been motivated to do more contesting this year because some of the local club
members have finally been bitten by the bug.  Been trying to get them to try
contesting for years.

All wires here.  I did put up a V beam pointing West.  The apex was only about
15 feet and the legs drooped down to about 7 feet.  I don't think I would have
done well in this contest without it.  My Loop and 160 meter Windom did not
play as well as usual due to band conditions.

Enjoyed all the weak signals.  It was a challenge.  Heck, even the big guns
were weak this contest.

Thanks for all the Q's.  Last time I was really into contesting my call was
WA8YRS.  Maybe some of you remember me.

73,
Don