[3830] ARRL 10 K6LL SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 22:05:43 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Arizona

   CW: 1274   105
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1274   105  Total Score = 535,080

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Quite a step down from last year's 2112 x 110,  Solar flux last year was 160,
compared to this year's 110.  I had only 8 Eu and 9 Asian QSO's this year.

The noise floor in my neighborhood has gotten markedly worse.  A solar roof on
the next street is covering the 10M CW band with S3 - S8 hash at a bearing of
60 degrees.  I was able to call CQ in the narrow S3 part, but it was hard work.
 I remember lobbying Elecraft a few years ago to make a better preamp for 10
meters, but I sure don't need it now.

There were some high points.  I had over 600 Q's in 5 hours on Saturday, with a
max clock hour of 151.  That was fun.  Meteor pings on Sunday morning were
interesting.  Getting called by OH2BBT and OH6MW in sequence at 2145Z on
Saturday was a surprise.

I originally planned to do mixed mode, but I didn't like the sound of the noise
on SSB, so I made the decision on Friday night after the band closed to switch
to CW-only.  I had only 5 SSB QSO's, and they are not included in the above
results.

Next contest on my schedule is RTTY Roundup, and there's a lot of work to do
before then.  I need to complete the antenna switching automation project, and
then get the 4O3A Triplexer System out from under the Christmas Tree on
December 26 and get it installed for January 2.

Thanks for all the QSO's in 2015.  Happy holidays to all, and hope to work you
in 2016!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.