[3830] ARRL 10 K7BG SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 23:39:59 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  904   100
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  904   100  Total Score = 361,600

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Always a fun contest even as conditions deteriorate for this cycle. Heard one EU
on Saturday briefly and put France and Spain in the log Sunday for a whopping 2
EUs for the weekend. Had an antenna going north at mid day Sunday trying to
catch a Scandinavian opening, but the only joy was OX3XR calling in. That was a
nice surprise. Was called by V51YJ and several ZS's. Band opened for a spell
Saturday evening to JA, but Sunday not so good. Only worked a few JAs Sunday.
Heard NH2DX work someone at the bottom of the band and he gave out #1 so I went
up several KHz to a clear spot and called CQ and was rewarded with his #3 QSO.
That was fun. Stateside was real good during the 1700 hour. Had the rate meter
over 250 for a short spell. Forgot to mention there was a nice E skip opening
real early Sunday to much of W0 land albeit short lived. That was cool. The E
cloud moved around to all the W0 states with some sustained S9 plus sigs from
neighboring South Dakota.

Missed WY and also missed VE4 and VE5 which was disappointing. Every contest is
a memorial of sorts to our good friends who have become SK. I found myself
hoping to hear KO7X in there. You were in our thoughts Alan.

Matt--K7BG

IC-765
Drake L-7
105BA @ 65' fixed ESE
Rotatable tribander at 65' on other tower
Rotatable duobander at 85'