[3830] ARRL 10 W4LT SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 14 09:56:40 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF

   CW:  405    79
  SSB:  207    64
-------------------
Total:  612   143  Total Score = 290,862

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Sort of a mixture of a HF and a VHF contest.  Strange conditions.

Lots of skew path conditions.  Rotor got a good workout in this one.

Used my backup rig to give it a good workout, still works fine.  Built in DVK
doesn't sound as good as my usual computer based DVK, but what the hell, it was
easy to set up!

Some fun runs on phone.  Quite a few fun runs on CW with ESP signals turning
into +40 boomers in moments.

Grey line is cool!  Sitting there calling CQ when suddenly get a call from 4X0,
then a C4 on CW at their sunset. Saturday morning. Then an hour later, was
called by VK2AI followed by my only JA, a watery sounding JH6AUS on SSB in what
was probably Antipodal mode... Both of these are near half way around the world
from me, while I'm beaming 60 degrees!

Had to laugh at WA7LNW's skimmer that proclaimed that my little station was
registering 82dB at his receiver on Sunday at 1657!

Gotta love 10 meter prop.  It certainly keeps things interesting.

Enjoyed all the nice hello's the first night from all the local FCG crowd on
Ground Wave.  OJ's to all.

50% of my SSB QSO's were to SA stations in Spanish.  Saludos y Suerte, Amigos!
Weirdest callsign:  CQ8CQ.  Hard to tell where the CQ stops and the callsign
starts...

We'll miss you, 10m!  Hope to find you in top form by 2019, the target year of
my retirement ha ha!

Rig:  Kenwood TS590s with KPA500 amplifier
Antenna:  CushCraft A3s at 40 feet

Wishing all a Very Merry Christmas (or holiday celebration of your choice) and
a happy New Year filled with DX!

73

Lu - W4LT