[3830] ARRL 10 KG4IGC SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 14 10:31:15 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 3:01

   CW:  15     9
  SSB:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  15     9  Total Score = 540

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Did not put much effort into this years 10 meter contest, had a bunch of running
around with the wife and chores to attend to that took up much of the weekend.
Since the band conditions were not all that great to begin with, tried the 'ol
paper and pencil method to see how many I could copy in my head. I have to say,
it is not an easy task when most ops are sending 30 WPM plus! I have a problem
with copying numbers, which is my biggest downfall but I have plans to really
put some time into studying CW this winter. N1MM Plus reports that I was on the
air for three hours, but I know that I only actually operated for maybe and hour
or so. The rig was left on as well as N1MM, so who knows. Anyway, had fun the
little time that I did play. Took down and disassembled my hex, as my spreaders
were in pretty bad shape, plus I had a ad SWR issue on 10 and 12 meters that was
being a pain to track down. I also have an issue with not being able to raise
and lower the antenna by myself when problems arise so I have decided to stick
to wire antennas in the future. The homebrew hex was a good and successful
experiment, and I am pleased with the results but the time has come for
something new.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 5 watts
ANT: Horizontal loop at 30' and Maco V-5/8 at 25'