[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint W0YK LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 17 21:30:32 EST 2015

                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Dec 18

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30

  160:   0     0
   80:   8     2
   40:  17     6
   20:   0     0
   15:   0     0
   10:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  25     8  Total Score = 200

Club: Loma Prieta Contest Club

Comments:

5 minutes before the start I remembered about NS.  Fired up WriteLog and
selected K0PC's module for NS.  Moved a set of messages in from a prior NS.
CQ'd on 15 for a minute, but nothing heard or seen on the panadapter.  Tried
20, same thing.  Finally, on 40 Tim N3QE answered a CQ.  That's I discovered
that clicking in exchange elements all overwrote the call sign field.
Scrambled to straighten that out and mostly just QLFed.  The next several QSO
attempts were similar.  Logger said all QSOs were out of band and didn't log or
count or score them.  Vague recollection that I've seen this movie several times
before.  Pat didn't write the module for RTTY and it shows.

Guess the regular NA Sprint module would be a better compromise.  But, I
consider NS a success.  NS was originally conceived to help us flesh out out
setups and that was pretty much a full time task tonight for me.

Had several encounters where Ken K6MR and I were jumpballing together but no
one came back to either one of us.  So, I just called him and we each got
another QSO.

Listened and CQ'd on 160 a lot, but no action.  Only heard Ken K6MR, Todd WD0T,
Tim N3QE, Larry K5SNA, Mike K4GMH and Kevin VE6QO on 40 and 80.  Dean everywhere
else.

Thanks for those who showed up and had patience with my stumbling around
tonight.  Maybe I'll figure this out and come back again.

Ed