[3830] RAC Winter K7MKL M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 19 18:56:14 EST 2015

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: K7MKL
Operator(s): K7MKL W6NF
Station: K7MKL

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Karlstad, MN

  160:   12              3
   80:   61     11       6         3
   40:   75     14       9         5
   20:   60     36       8         8
   15:   51     23       8         8
   10:    7     10       2         4
Total:  266     94      36        28  Total Score = 156,928

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Now *that* was fun! The station performed far better than anticipated with the
135-foot long-wire performing brilliantly on 20/15/10, fairly well on 40 and
about as expected on 80/160 without a decent ground system for those
frequencies. The XYL and I kept moving the contest goal further out as we
achieved our targets sooner than expected.

Kudos to the rest of the Radiosport Manitoba gang who showed up in force for
this running of the RAC Winter Contest. Well done!