[3830] CWopsT W6NS HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 23 17:33:27 EST 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Dec 23

Call: W6NS
Operator(s): W6NS
Station: W6NS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:   8      8
   15:  12     11
   10:   5      5
-------------------
Total:  25     24  Total Score = 600

Rig:  K3  KPA500    Antenna:  C3E at 10m agl or 985 ft msl.

Started a couple minutes late, 6m was opening north-south Es and occasionally
the Kansas beacon was heard, but my need for a CWT fix overcame my favorite
band.

Was not sure how 10m would be, thought it may be short but it was not truely
short because the stations in CA could not be heard.  Was having fun then the
motorhome started shaking and the antennas, their supports and guys started
singing.  Stopped CWT to check my radiating devices found everything still up
for now.  I believe we are having a wind event even by Nevada standards (
breezes are less than 30 mph or about 50 kph and wind starts at 30mph).  Will
be back at 0300 if the radiators are still up.