[3830] TBDC N1EU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 10:01:27 EST 2015

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Albany, NY

Total:  QSOs = 374  Total Score = 1,214

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed okay, not great.  Activity level didn't seem that high.
Propagation to Europe was spotty and not much sunrise enhancement.  Highlight
on an otherwise s-l-o-w Sunday morning was being called by VK3IO.

This was my first effort with the K3s/P3 and it worked quite well.  I do miss
the Orion's ability to quickly assign vfoA/vfoB to the subreceiver when in SO2V
mode.  The push/hold in and out of Diversity mode on the K3s is an ergonomic
pita.  One of these years maybe we'll get an Elecraft flagship with a bigger
front panel.

Thanks for the q's and sorry to those I couldn't pull out.

Equipment:
Elecraft K3s/P3, dual rx
Acom 2000A
inv L with elevated radials