[3830] TBDC TF4M Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 11:43:31 EST 2015

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: TF4M
Operator(s): TF4M
Station: TF4M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HP85

Total:  QSOs = 78  Total Score = 200

I had no intentions of taking part this, since my interest in Amateur Radio is
at an all time low. However, I did listen a bit and to my surprise I heard
JH2FXK and VK6VZ around 1830.  This was a pleasant surprise so thinking that
conditions might be really good,  I swept the band calling every station I
could hear.  I think there may be water in my coax, some stations did not hear
me although I called them hundreds of times.   Only heard two NA stations -
K1DQV and W1UE, no chance of a QSO.  K3 in diversity with 7 x Beverage Antennas
and Expert 1k-FA at 700W into the Arctic King transmitting antenna.  Since I did
put in a decent effort, after all, I shall shoot for the Aurora Borealis Award.