[3830] TBDC K8CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 28 04:01:31 EST 2015

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82

Total:  QSOs = 167  Total Score = 483

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The day after Christmas is not a time when I would normally sit down behind the
radio, as there were other family things and responsibilities to attend to.
Still, I wanted to get on to pass out some QSOs and show support for this
contest, as well as try out my new Yamaha CM-500 headset that Santa brought me
for Christmas.

With no receive antennas, I decided to leave the KW turned off to avoid being
an alligator.

The bottom of the band was not at all crowded, so around 0413Z I started a nice
run on 1807 before the rate crashed after about an hour.  Switched to S&P
but ran out of people to work around 0643Z so went to bed.  Got on again around
1410Z before church, but could only roust up four more QSOs.

Condx seemed decent.  Only DX worked was NP2X with a good signal.  I think 9A5Y
called me, but after sending him an exchange he was not heard again.  No other
DX heard.

Not many western stations worked.  Struggled to work K7CA & K7CW, but then
heard them later 589.  Not one Californian heard, and no western VEs.

Still, it was fun.  Hopefully next summer I'll get up some receive antennas and
be back next year better equipped.

73 es HNY,

Dave/K8CC