[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint P49X(W0YK) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 31 21:27:51 EST 2015

                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Jan 1

Call: P49X
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: P40L/P49Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FK52al
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30

   80:   1      1
   40:  14      7
   20:   5      2
Total:  20     10  Total Score = 200

Club: Loma Prieta Contest Club

Comments:

A third of the stations calling me had no clue about NS.  I accepted 599 for the
name and then coaxed a name and QTH out them.  I ignored IU1DUK as long as I
could, then finally gave him a report.  Guess what?  He came back with a
perfect Sprint exchange, including number 8.  Who in the world was he working?

It was a challenge because K6MR and I seemed to be the most active and so I
wound up calling CQ all the time.  I confused myself at the beginning and
worked him a couple times without an intervening QSO because it was on
different bands and I had a mental glitch.  Later on, I'd just not come back to
Ken's call if I didn't have the intervening QSO.

And, then, finally my biggest guffaw was sending my exchange instead of my call
sign to AD0LI who was CQing.  That confused everyone else on frequency and they
all just left.

Great fun.  Too bad so many missed it.   ;>)

Ed