[3830] UBA SSB IZ3NVR SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 1 10:56:36 EST 2015

                    UBA DX Contest, SSB

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: JN65ep

   80:    0     0
   40:   53    11
   20:   66     9
   15:   52     0
   10:   26     0
-------------------
Total:  197    20  Total Score = 58,380

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Entered the contest rather early on saturday afternoon. Conditions were
interesting and decided for the QRP category trying to put into use the good
old second radio after a long time of no SO2R operations.

15m are always my best band usually. The first day was netting the most QSOs as
10m were slow to start. I had the second rig there calling CQ but could not work
more than K4BAI returning it (btw, wow, thanks as I almost jumped on my chair
once I heard such a call). S&P was the way to go for most of the contest
but tried to fix a rig and call CQ on 15 and 20m as well. Saturday evening went
on with me being too tired and unable to handle the two streams on SSB (CW is
much more relaxing). Switched the second radio off and continued with only the
main rig to sweep the bands.

20m were simply deaf on the first day. Couldn't get any station on that band.
Jumped early on 40m where I finally managed to work some ON stations for an
extra multiplier and those joicy 10 pts each. Non hamradio activities kicked in
and by 20.00z I was no more focused on the contest. Kept sweeping the bands with
no success till 00.00z when I finally decided to head to bed.

At 07.00z I was back on the air to find 40m almost useless due to the bad QSB
on the band. 20m were instead full of action and, by the end of the contest,
that was strangely my best band.

At 09.30z I was forced to QRT and entered the contest for the last half an hour
till 13.00z where I could work the last few stations on 10m while US were
starting to pick up on that band. Tried repeatedly on K6ND with no luck.

Overall I am so disappointed. Its 5W SSB and I feel pretty proud of my score.
I could have done more by focusing more and being more trained to handle that
second radio stream but its definitely a long time since I did it the last
time.

See you next contest.