[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB(NN3BB) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 09:22:23 EST 2015

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): NN3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

   80:   93     1.5
   40:  121       4
   20:  128     2.5
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Ad Hoc

Comments:

Band conditions were just wonderful. Like many have said, 40 meters was like a
obstacle course with the K1N callers, the RTTY, and the FOC marathon. But the
band seemed to settle out the later it got.

Heard one ME station once on the wrong side of a contact for about 2 seconds,
and never again. That was the only mult heard but not worked, but for me, I
usually end up puny on the mults anyway. Did get the PR on one band, and
finally got VE5MX to answer my second radio CQ late on 20 after hearing him
three or four times in the wrong sequence. Nice to hear Ed at NP2 and Kevin at
ZF2. No XE heard at all.

Sure appreciate K5NA, K5OT, W5JAW, and N5TW coming over the Tuesday before the
Sprint and helping me get my repaired 402CD two element 40 meter yagi back up
on the replacement crank-up tower. It gave me two footprints (along with my 3
element yagi) on a real money band from here. The day started cold and dry and
quickly transitioned to colder and wet, and I spent three hours on the tower in
41 degree rain. But the antenna was up and it worked. Thanks guys.

Got lucky with a very late call from a station in AL on a second radio CQ on 40
 meters for that state. Did not hear many others at all: RI, NV, AR, ND, KY, NE,
UT, VE 2-4-6. Don't recall if I worked a CT. Don't have the log in front of me.

Congrats to Trey and "the usual suspects" for fantastic scores. Wow.

Lots of TX stations on thanks to NM5M's organizing efforts. Thanks Eric. Number
of very healthy Texas scores for sure.

Thanks to all for the best contest in the world, and to W4OC for the invitation
to be on a team.

73, Jim N3BB