[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WA7BBJ/R Unlimited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 14:20:59 EST 2015

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: WA7BBJ/R
Operator(s): WA7BBJ
Station: WA7BBJ/R

Class: Unlimited Rover LP
QTH:

    2:   49     9
  222:   20     7
  432:   17     5
  903:    3     2
  1.2:    9     2
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  220    41  Total Score = 9,020

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

It"s time to go Roving, but after putting on 350,000 original miles on the
factory installed clutch it began to slip and the pick up truck was in the
repair shop all week before the contest. I got my truck back home around 11PM
Friday night after doing last minute chores and it was to dark to install any
Antennas until morning. Loaded a few antennas I had on hand and got a late
start in the contest Saturday around 1230PM.
Highlight of the contest was driving to Molalla OR (south and east of Portland,
OR)to meet up with Lou WA7GCS and presented him with the PNWVHFS 2014 VHF'er of
the year plaque at the Fire Station in town around 7:30PM, as Lou was unable to
attend our yearly conference.
My other highlight was getting lost Sunday and ended up at Copper Creek Inn in
Ashford, WA on the south side of Mount Rainier. Note to all Rovers the Copper
Creek Inn is a must stop for great food.
The XYL and I had a great time and we look forward to the June contest.